Saturday 7 March 2009

Hat tips from fellow family history bloggers

I've been rather remiss in not acknowledging my recent receipt of the Kreativ Blogger Award from two fellow genalogy bloggers. While I'm not really into the whole "award" thingy, I certainly welcome their generous thoughts and words, and I do appreciate the need for interraction and acknowledgement amongst ones peers. I trust they will forgive me for not helping to perpetuate the "chain reaction" aspect of the award - from what I can tell, it started off not too many months ago amongst a Scandinavian community of sewing/quilting bloggers - but I would like to express my gratitude for the kind hat tips from George and Jennifer.

George Geder's Genealogy-Photography-Restoration blog is a regular stopover of mine, as he is a photo-restoration artist and regularly features some wonderful old photographic portraits from his family collection, brimming with character. He also gives some insights into his experiences growing up in America, and offers many helpful suggestions on how to preserve memories from those still alive of our ancestors that have already passed away.

Jennifer of Our Future Rooted in Our Past concentrates on providing introductions to many useful web sites and databases around the world advantageous for use in your family history studies. Whilst browsing the site, I've come across reviews of several sites new to me, but which have proved relevant and helpful with my own research.

Many thanks to both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my blog network
on Facebook